My first e-book

Well, not my first e-book, but I purchased my first e-book last week. A writer buddy, Trish McCallan self-published her book, Forged in Fire. For anyone interested in self-publishing, she has some good information on her blog about her experiences.

I had read e-books/articles/documentation before, for school or for work reasons, but this was my first just-for-fun e-book purchase. I don't own a tablet or a Kindle, so I downloaded Kindle for PC from Amazon. It was easy to set up and simple to purchase the book through Amazon. I spend a great deal of time on the computer, for work and for writing reasons, so I was worried reading on my laptop wouldn't be as comfortable.

So far, that's not true. The pages fit the screen (no scrolling up and down) and it has a highlight and bookmark function that work well, since I often get interrupted as I'm reading.

This might be the first of many e-book purchases. No shelf space required, and I can tote reading material along with me. I'm not ready to give up print books, I still enjoy the experience of holding a book in my hand, but for me, it's not an all-or-nothing deal. I can be a hybrid reader!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harlequin Holiday Open House - Clue #3 The Hero

The Call

#TBRCHALLENGE October 2021 - Gothic