The Next Book

I have more ideas for stories than I have time to write them. The bigger problem is whether I can turn a story into a full length manuscript with enough conflict and twists to make it interesting and that others will want to read.

I am writing the final chapter of my third book targeted for Harlequin Romantic Suspense and the next book idea that is nagging me isn't a romantic suspense. It's a contemporary romance.

I've written a plot outline for the book and no where did suspense elements appear. Not even a sliver of one.

I'm trying to decide with my very limited writing time: should I follow my muse and write the contemporary romance, or stick to romantic suspense and work on one of my dozen ideas in my idea file. (Yes, I actually have a file where I keep my book ideas).

Or both. I could write both at the same time.

Comments

  1. Separate the wheat from the chaff, CJ. I would say to focus whole-butt on one thing than half-butt on two.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Harlequin Holiday Open House - Clue #3 The Hero

The Call

#TBRCHALLENGE October 2021 - Gothic