How I'm doing with my writing goals

January / February 2011:

Write and Revise:
- revising a manuscript I wrote last year, smoothing some elements that were rough
- wrote 10,000 words of a new manuscript targeting Silhouette/Harlequin Romantic Suspense imprint. I restarted this manuscript three times. I had trouble getting the hero and heroine right. The book slowed to a crawl several times until I realized I had the characters wrong. I reversed their positions, and then the words started flowing.

Reading (figured out how to feed the baby and read at the same time):
Karen Moning, Shadowfever
Debbie Macomber, 1022 Evergreen Place
Kimberly Van Meter, Guarding the Socialite
Jennifer Greene, Irresistible Stranger
Karen Whiddon, Colton's Christmas Baby
Rachel Lee, A Solider's Redemption
Beth Cornelison, PI Daddy's Personal Mission
Christine Gross-Loh, Diaper Free Baby
Tracy Hogg, The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems
Current read: Carla Cassidy, Cowboy Deputy

Submissions:
- pending reply on a revised full (approximately 3 months)

Writing activities:
- read Harlequin's forums
- kept up with several favorite agent and editor blogs

Next month: with a six-week-old baby boy in tow, I've had trouble getting time at my computer to write. I'm hoping his routine will become more stable, so I can establish a block of time each day to write. I hope to have a submission ready for SRS/HRS by the time I get a reply about Double Witness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harlequin Holiday Open House - Clue #3 The Hero

The Call

#TBRCHALLENGE October 2021 - Gothic