Line Edits

If you've been following my progress in preparing my contracted book for publication, the next step in the publication process is completing line edits. I was given a week to complete this task.

Line edits are revisions to the completed manuscript, but less intensive than the story revisions I completed earlier.

My editor made notes throughout the manuscript for me to address.

Line edits included:
1. changing words (for example, in cases where I use the same word(s) or phrase close together).
2. adding clarification to scene details or removing sentences/phrases that didn't fit
3. moving sentences around to make the scene/emotions flow smoother

My editor also:
1. added missing words
2. corrected words / sentences
3. added missing / removed extra punctuation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harlequin Holiday Open House - Clue #3 The Hero

The Call

#TBRCHALLENGE October 2021 - Gothic