Mentorship with Kylie Brant - How it all started

I entered a contest on Kylie Brant's webpage. The contest was called MENTORING MANIA and offered a one-on-one with Kylie either via email for a week or a 30 minute phone call.

11/04/2009 : Cindy's entry

After using every writing resource at my disposal - writing daily, reading books on writing, reading agent and editor blogs, editing and polishing my work, having friends, family, and critique partners read my work - I would love to get the advice of a published author on how to get editorial attention. My target publisher is Harlequin/Silhouette, specifically the Silhouette Romantic Suspense imprint. I love the SRS line which strikes a great balance between romance and suspense (no gory details for me!). I've worked my query letters, entered my first pitch contest with Harlequin (was selected, but it didn't lead to a request for a full), honed my hooks, and still continue to get dreaded Rejection letters. I would love advice on maintaining sexual tension and developing the character's relationship while moving the story forward in the fast paced, heart pounding pace that SRS is known for.


11/30/2009 10PM

Hi Cindy,

Although the winner won't be posted on my site until tomorrow I thought I'd drop you a note and let you know you're the winner of the Mentoring Mania contest!

Kylie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harlequin Holiday Open House - Clue #3 The Hero

The Call

#TBRCHALLENGE October 2021 - Gothic